How I am using the left over Easter Ham.
Ham, Feta Cheese and Egg Pie
Makes: Makes 4 servings
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup lard, chilled and cut up
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4 oz feta cheese
* 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water
* 5 large eggs
* 6 slices COOKED ham cut into 1Ž2-inch pieces
* 1 cup half-and-half
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. To make the pastry, combine the flour, lard, and salt in a mixing bowl
and work with your fingertips till the mixture is mealy.
2. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the water, mix till the pastry holds together,
then continue adding just enough water to make a smooth ball of dough. Wrap
in plastic wrap and chill (the dough) about 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
4. roll out pastry wide enough to line the bottom and sides of the prepared
pie plate, and scatter the chopped ham evenly over the bottom.
5. Beat the 5 remaining eggs with the half-and-half, feta cheese and salt
and pepper till well blended and pour over the pie.
6. bake in the upper third of the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to 350;F and continue baking till golden brown, about 30
89. Let the pie stand about 10 minutes before serving.
A Blonde in Africa (Resnick Library of African Adventures) by Laura Resnick A Blot in the 'Scutcheon, by Robert Br...
MY LIEWE KOKKENENNETJIE Woorde: Tradisioneel Musiek: S.A. Volkswysie; verwerk: PIERRE MALAN Ek was eenmaal 'n wewenaar van by d...
Saint Emma 19 April or 3 December The name Emma has a long and intricate history of evolution beginning with medieval versions of co...