PREP 5 MINS
COOK 5 MINS
SERVINGS 3UNITS US
• 3medium fish fillets
• 1/2 cup self raising flour
• 3/4 cup skim milk
• 1tablespoon butter, melted
• 1⁄2teaspoon salt
• 1⁄8teaspoon cajun seasoning
• oil (for frying, I like sunflower oil for this)
• plain flour, for dusting
• Preheat the oven to 350f
• In a 10" x 3" plastic tub, place the flour, egg, salt, seasoning, milk & melted butter. Blend really well using an immersion blender - or liquidize & pour into the tub. (The tub just makes it easier to apply the batter to the fish.).
• Rinse your fillets & cut into 5" pieces. Dust each piece with a little flour.
• Heat your fryer to approximately 180 - 190°C.
• Dip the fillets one by one in the batter & coat both sides evenly.
• When the oil has reached the correct temp, gently lay one fillet at a time onto the top of the oil.
• Cook until golden brown on both sides - takes me about 4-5 mins, then remove & place on a tray with a wire rack (I use the grill pan) in the oven to stay crisp & hot.
• Repeat with the remaining fish.
• Serve with chunky chips, peas (mushy is best!) & lots of salt & vinegar -- .
Easy, tasty shrimp boil dinners baked or grilled in foil with homemade seasoning, fresh lemon, and brown butter sauce. Author: Tiffany Rec...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
CHEESECAKE • 2 blocks cream cheese, softened • 1/2 c. sugar • 2 large eggs • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract • pinch of kosher salt SNICKERD...