PREP 5 MINS
COOK 5 MINS
SERVINGS 3UNITS US
• 3medium fish fillets
• 1/2 cup self raising flour
• 3/4 cup skim milk
• 1tablespoon butter, melted
• 1⁄2teaspoon salt
• 1⁄8teaspoon cajun seasoning
• oil (for frying, I like sunflower oil for this)
• plain flour, for dusting
• Preheat the oven to 350f
• In a 10" x 3" plastic tub, place the flour, egg, salt, seasoning, milk & melted butter. Blend really well using an immersion blender - or liquidize & pour into the tub. (The tub just makes it easier to apply the batter to the fish.).
• Rinse your fillets & cut into 5" pieces. Dust each piece with a little flour.
• Heat your fryer to approximately 180 - 190°C.
• Dip the fillets one by one in the batter & coat both sides evenly.
• When the oil has reached the correct temp, gently lay one fillet at a time onto the top of the oil.
• Cook until golden brown on both sides - takes me about 4-5 mins, then remove & place on a tray with a wire rack (I use the grill pan) in the oven to stay crisp & hot.
• Repeat with the remaining fish.
• Serve with chunky chips, peas (mushy is best!) & lots of salt & vinegar -- .
Ingredients 3 medium, overripe bananas (approximately 1 cup or so) 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (can sub for any smooth nut butter) 2 T - 1/...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
Nonfiction: Listen to the Squawking CHicken, Elaine Lui Bluebird, Women and the New Psychology of Happiness, Ariel Gore Turn around ...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...