Thursday, December 24, 2015
Figgy pudding without figs (toffee pudding)
• 1 1/2 cups plain flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
• 1 pinch salt
• 1/2 cup milk
• 2 eggs
• 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
•1 cup soft brown sugar
• 1 cup double cream
Prep: 15 mins |Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the sugar and mix well.
3. In another bowl add the milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk together until a light frothy foam forms on top.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour and mix together until smooth.
5. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cake is firm on top; start checking after 20 minutes.
6. For the sauce, add the butter, sugar and cream to a large saucepan and simmer over medium high heat until sauce is smooth and dark brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with pudding.
A Blonde in Africa (Resnick Library of African Adventures) by Laura Resnick A Blot in the 'Scutcheon, by Robert Br...
MY LIEWE KOKKENENNETJIE Woorde: Tradisioneel Musiek: S.A. Volkswysie; verwerk: PIERRE MALAN Ek was eenmaal 'n wewenaar van by d...
Saint Emma 19 April or 3 December The name Emma has a long and intricate history of evolution beginning with medieval versions of co...