Cooked by Aaron for us!
Bon appetit NOVEMBER 2013
ACTIVE: 25 MIN
TOTAL: 25 MIN
Thai Beef With Basil
Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this stir-fry, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 2 red chiles, thinly sliced, seeded for less heat if desired, divided
• 1 pound ground beef
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 3 cups fresh basil leaves, divided
• 2 medium carrots, julienned or coarsely grated
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Steamed rice and lime wedges (for serving)
ACTIVE: 25 MINTOTAL: 25 MIN
• Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and 1 chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook, breaking up with a spoon and pressing down firmly to help brown, until cooked through and nicely crisped in spots, 8–10 minutes. Add broth and 2 cups basil and cook, stirring, until basil is wilted, about 2 minutes.
• Toss carrots, scallions, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, and remaining chile, 1 cup basil leaves, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl.
• Mix soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and remaining 3 Tbsp. lime juice in another small bowl until sugar dissolves.
• Top rice with beef and slaw and drizzle with soy dressing. Serve lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.
A Blonde in Africa (Resnick Library of African Adventures) by Laura Resnick A Blot in the 'Scutcheon, by Robert Br...
Saint Emma 19 April or 3 December The name Emma has a long and intricate history of evolution beginning with medieval versions of co...
MY LIEWE KOKKENENNETJIE Woorde: Tradisioneel Musiek: S.A. Volkswysie; verwerk: PIERRE MALAN Ek was eenmaal 'n wewenaar van by d...