Cooked by Aaron for us!
Bon appetit NOVEMBER 2013
ACTIVE: 25 MIN
TOTAL: 25 MIN
Thai Beef With Basil
Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this stir-fry, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor.
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 2 red chiles, thinly sliced, seeded for less heat if desired, divided
• 1 pound ground beef
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 3 cups fresh basil leaves, divided
• 2 medium carrots, julienned or coarsely grated
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Steamed rice and lime wedges (for serving)
ACTIVE: 25 MINTOTAL: 25 MIN
• Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and 1 chile and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook, breaking up with a spoon and pressing down firmly to help brown, until cooked through and nicely crisped in spots, 8–10 minutes. Add broth and 2 cups basil and cook, stirring, until basil is wilted, about 2 minutes.
• Toss carrots, scallions, 1 Tbsp. lime juice, and remaining chile, 1 cup basil leaves, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl.
• Mix soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and remaining 3 Tbsp. lime juice in another small bowl until sugar dissolves.
• Top rice with beef and slaw and drizzle with soy dressing. Serve lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.
Easy, tasty shrimp boil dinners baked or grilled in foil with homemade seasoning, fresh lemon, and brown butter sauce. Author: Tiffany Rec...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
Nonfiction: Listen to the Squawking CHicken, Elaine Lui Bluebird, Women and the New Psychology of Happiness, Ariel Gore Turn around ...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...