• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
• 1 cup sifted cake flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
• In a 10-inch heavy skillet with a heat-resistant handle (I use a cast iron skillet), melt 1/2 cup butter over very low heat. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside.
• Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
• Separate the eggs into two bowls. In a large bowl, beat egg whites just until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar gradually, beating well after each addition. Beat until medium-stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks at high speed until very thick and yellow. With a wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an over-and-under motion, gently fold egg yolks and flour mixture into whites until blended. Fold in 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine and almond extract. Spread batter evenly over pineapple in skillet.
• Bake until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Loosen the edges of the cake with table knife. Cool the cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
Easy, tasty shrimp boil dinners baked or grilled in foil with homemade seasoning, fresh lemon, and brown butter sauce. Author: Tiffany Rec...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
Nonfiction: Listen to the Squawking CHicken, Elaine Lui Bluebird, Women and the New Psychology of Happiness, Ariel Gore Turn around ...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...