• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple
• 1 cup sifted cake flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 tablespoon butter, melted
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
• In a 10-inch heavy skillet with a heat-resistant handle (I use a cast iron skillet), melt 1/2 cup butter over very low heat. Remove from heat, and sprinkle brown sugar evenly over pan. Arrange pineapple slices to cover bottom of skillet. Distribute cherries around pineapple; set aside.
• Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
• Separate the eggs into two bowls. In a large bowl, beat egg whites just until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar gradually, beating well after each addition. Beat until medium-stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks at high speed until very thick and yellow. With a wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an over-and-under motion, gently fold egg yolks and flour mixture into whites until blended. Fold in 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine and almond extract. Spread batter evenly over pineapple in skillet.
• Bake until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Loosen the edges of the cake with table knife. Cool the cake for 5 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
Easy, tasty shrimp boil dinners baked or grilled in foil with homemade seasoning, fresh lemon, and brown butter sauce. Author: Tiffany Rec...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
CHEESECAKE • 2 blocks cream cheese, softened • 1/2 c. sugar • 2 large eggs • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract • pinch of kosher salt SNICKERD...