This is from an awesome book I just read called Just a girl standing in front of a boy by lucy-Anne Holmes
THE SMILING FANNY MANIFESTO
- Phone a friend. You can always call me. Just say, “I am calling you because I have to tick it off my list.” And then we can chat about the usual: what we shall name our future children, our top five sandwich fillings, what you would say to Robbie Williams if you bumped into him on the street.
- Grow something – not like something different every day, just always have something growing, like a plant! (Mould on an old cup of tea doesn’t count!!!!)
- Count your blessings – before bed you have to think of things from the day that were good and that you’re grateful for. One, very random, off the top of my head example could be “my best friend, Philippa”!!!
- Have a face-to-face conversation with somebody. Skype doesn’t count, you actually have to leave the house – it could just be, “Lovely day, today, isn’t it? Do you know what the forecast is for tomorrow?” to the man in the corner shop.
- Give yourself a treat (doesn’t have to cost money – a nice bath, a trip to the charity shop to try out new outfits, that sort of thing).
- Laugh – my favorite – see attached gift!!! (editor note: the gift was 3 DVDs of Fanny’s favorite stand-up comedians live routines)
- Exercise (can just be a ten-minute walk round the block).
- Smile or say hello to a stranger (has to be a different person to number 4).
- Do a kind deed – either helping someone or going out of your way to be nice to someone.
- Watch no more than two hours of telly a day.