• 3 cups Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
• 3/4 cup Brown Sugar packed
• 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
• 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 3/4 cup Butter softened slightly
• 3/4 cup Unsulphured Molasses
• 2 Tbsp Milk
• Royal Icing
• 1 large Egg White
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 2 cups Powdered Sugar
• Food Coloring if desired
• In a food processor or mixer with the paddle attachment combine Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, brown sugar, spices and salt. Add the butter and pulse or mix until the mixture resembles sand.
• With the processor or mixer running, add the molasses and milk until the dough is evenly moistened. Remove the dough, wrap tightly in plastic and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
• After chilling, remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide into two sections. Keep one piece chilled while working with the other. Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to about 1/8-inch thickness, carefully removing and replacing the parchment paper as needed to reduce sticking. Cut the dough into desired shapes but leave the cookies on the parchment paper. Return the rolled and cut dough to the refrigerator to set up while repeating step 3 with the second pieces of dough.
• After both pieces of dough have been rolled, cut and chilled, carefully remove the cutout cookies from the parchment sheets using a flat spatula and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. The scraps of dough can be rerolled and chilled for more cookies.
• Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until the centers are firm, about 15 – 20 minutes, rotating the sheets about half-way through the baking time. Let cool completely before decorating.
• While the cookies are cooling, prepare the royal icing. In the bowl of a mixer, beat the egg white and vanilla extract until frothy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix on low until shiny (add any food coloring as desired at this time). Increase the mixer to high and beat until stiff and glossy, about 5 – 7 minutes. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
Easy, tasty shrimp boil dinners baked or grilled in foil with homemade seasoning, fresh lemon, and brown butter sauce. Author: Tiffany Rec...
1000+ Lexiles 11 Planets: A new view of the solar system by David Aguilar [J 523. 2 AGU] What’s it all about? An updated ov...
Nonfiction: Listen to the Squawking CHicken, Elaine Lui Bluebird, Women and the New Psychology of Happiness, Ariel Gore Turn around ...
Most abusive people don't behave abusively all the time or even most of the time. Real abuse is sporadic, intermittent, occasional, t...